Sunday, February 01, 2015

Toulouse-Lautrec Cooks!

At the Museum of Modern Art in New York last week, a major exhibit displayed the museum's Toulouse-Lautrec collection. I enjoyed the intimacy of the portraits, the sweeping lines of the sketches, and the beautiful way he captured the action in cafes and dance-halls. Much to my surprise, I discovered that Toulouse-Lautrec was a decicated cook, and published a collection of recipes:

Toulouse-Lautrec collaborated with a friend, Maurice Joyant, on this collection of his
favorite recipes, which reflect French cuisine of his era, obviously.


4 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Oh! I must have this book. I love artist cooking books, but hadn't heard of this one. Great post!

pam said...

I've got to get this book!

Esme said...

what a lovely book-I was in a gallery in San Fran that had some great Toulouse-Lautrec works.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you reposted this because I missed it the first time around! Looks like a terrific book!