Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Tea

bkclub5057

bkclub5056

My book club's meeting this afternoon was a semi-planned meal. Nine of the ten of us brought food and drink -- I was the odd one and brought the plates, napkins, etc. The combination of sandwiches, hummus, deviled eggs, vegetables, fruit, and sweets was wonderful. We also created our book list and meeting schedule for the next year. I'm looking forward to reading The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie, Just Kids by Patti Smith, Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Shiff, I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith, and eight more.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

What a spread!, Mae. Everything looks so inviting!

Thanks for sharing...

Jeanie said...

This is just beautiful, Mae! I think your book club must be a bit like ours -- proper food is essential!