Crazy Netflick
We watched the recently-released film “The Sheep Detectives” which is actually about talking sheep, but not surreal like Murakami’s wild sheep chase. And not TOO corny like Disney’s Bambi. Also not as lovable as Remi the Rat in “Ratatouille” or Jimminy Cricket in “Pinocchio.” But there are similarities.AI summary: “A shepherd named George reads murder mysteries to his sheep every night. When George is murdered, the smart flock uses what they learned to investigate the human suspect.”
It reminds me of other animal stories
| A very tragic story narrated by a dog, who is the only witness. The animal narrator is basically the only similarity with the sheep film. |
| A totally surreal tale as only Murakami could write. Made me fall in love with his writing. The only similarity is the focus on sheep. (See: https://maefood.blogspot.com/2016/07/why-i-like-haruki-murakami.html) |
Blog post © 2026 mae sander, images from web.
1 comment:
I watch8ed The Sheep Detectives on Prime recently. I loved it. There was even a moment when a tear came to my eye. I would recommend it to everyone. So glad you featured it.
Post a Comment