Friday, July 27, 2007

Antepasto Courses in Sicily

First we ate in several restaurants in Palermo, where we tried classics such as fruitti del mare and salad capresi.





At the beach resort, the antepasto was served on a big buffet, and included both hot and cold choices. Each day there were at least three cold dishes including many raw and cooked vegetables, peppers, shellfish, and numerous combinations. I didn't get to try anywhere near every dish -- I'm afraid I missed most of the hot stuffed vegetables as I loved the cold salads too much.

One day, I arranged the long-stemmed artichoke hearts, two types of tomatoes with two types of mozzerella, and so on on my plate for a photo. I also loved the tomato-greenbean-tuna combinations. The olive oil was especially delicious.













At the conference dinner, the buffet included small finger-foods such as olives, warm toasted almonds, filled puff pastry, and other things. At the sit-down part of the meal, we started with two types of smoked fish and some vegetables on a plate. I photographed only a small fraction of the vast number of things we ate: the buffets had new things at every lunch and dinner.

No comments: