Sunday, August 02, 2026

Murals and Street Art

 From Miriam In Seattle





Ann Arbor

On First Street

In the University Art Museum coffee shop

Students’ shoes decorating the electric wires. An art form?


photos © 2026 mae sander

10 comments:

Granny Sue said...

So much to see!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My favourite one is that bright and colourful mural on First Street in Ann Arbor! What a pleasure it must be to sit on that patio and contemplate it while having a nice cool drink or a good coffee!

Mae Travels said...

I’m afraid that there’s no patio across from the mural on first street: just a large city parking lot. But that’s the way it goes.

Gina said...

Interesting, beautiful murals and street art: thanks. And shoes hanging from overhead wires as an art form? I believe, at this time in our history, it is.

DVArtist said...

All wonderful photos. I have spent a lot of time in Seattle.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful collection of murals.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Iris Flavia said...

I go with Debra! Wonderful!

Sami said...

I like the mural in that black building, ir really makes it pop! The one with the flower at the university coffee shop and the one at Ann Arbor are both lovely. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Mae. I have seen shoes thrown over electrical wires before, I wonder if it's a new trend :)

Bertiebo said...

I lobe the one in First Street

Jeanie said...

Rocking the mural scene -- near and far!