Friday, September 18, 2026

Good Dinner

 

Spiedo, near the downtown library, is a new restaurant for me.
(Though it’s been open for three years.)

Alice and I ate dinner there. She had happened to also eat there earlier this week, so
she was very familiar with the menu, which is Mediterranean-themed.

We ordered a wrap with chicken, a carrot dish, and a grilled beef bowl.
The carrot dish, which we liked, includes pistachio tahini and amba.
I was familiar with amba, a mango-based condiment from Iraqui-Israeli cuisine.

Both the interior and the exterior are brightly painted in a vivid combination of colors.

Blog post © 2026 mae sander

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That restaurant's food DOES look good! I'd eat there!

Lisca said...

That sounds like a really nice restaurant. I looked it up on the Internet and looked at the menu. It would be something I would go for. Yummy. (although there were items on the menu that Ihad never heard of)
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

This looks like a very good place to dine. I do like the colorful exterior too.

Joy said...

That looks lovely! And I like that it's near the library, too!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I find, at my age that there's nothing like enjoying a good meal at a new restaurant with delightful company. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Mae!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Yum! I need to be brave and try new restaurants. I tend to stick to the same 2 or 3.

Becki said...

Spiedo looks delicious! I hadn't heard of it - would be about an hour away for me. Thanks for sharing!