It’s hard to entertain guests in one’s home
 |
| From The Guardian today. |
 |
| My table set for guests earlier this week. Len’s bread, sliced cheese & ham, and a pleasant atmosphere. |
Bigger is Better
 |
Not far from our house: numerous displays of skeletons both large and small. This is only one example! There are also 10 foot tall inflatable displays of scary figures. I will add Halloween photos throughout the month of October. |
Nobel Prize Winner is Local
The Nobel Prize today was awarded to poet Anne Carson. She was Professor of Classical Studies, Comparative Literature, and English Language and Literature at the University of Michigan from 2003 to 2009. Her husband was also a faculty member until recently, and they lived near a friend of ours. Reported in the news:
Blog post © 2026 mae sander
Everyone in Canada is so proud of Anne Carson and her big Nobel Prize win!
ReplyDeleteMany Australians may not know Anne Carson's work yet, but if an Australian or New Zealander cannot win a Nobel Prize or Tennis Open, a Canadian would be our favourite. I wonder if her work is on Australia's high school Literature reading lists yet.
DeleteI'm never ashamed when people come to the house. It isn't fancy. It isn't always tidy. It's often overloaded with too much stuff and puppy pads, and not every meal is a gourmet. But It's who I am and they still like me. And if their tidy, uncluttered houses make them feel better when they go home, then that's OK too! No one leaves hungry and the conversation is always good!
ReplyDeleteI say if you are coming to my house to criticize it or don't like what is being served then don't come over. My friends no I don't judge their house and they don't judge mine.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Anne Carson. She deserves the prize. Len's bread looks so good. Your neighborhood must go all out for Halloween.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI do not have time to host at home. Too many doctor visits and hubby's dialysis appointments. I will do Thanksgiving. Len's bread looks delicious. I see lots of the skeletons they are very popular.
Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.
Your food looks yummy! And wee those skeletons!
ReplyDeleteYay for Nobel Prize. I prefer non-fiction, though.
I love Nobel week and am especially happy with the Peace Prize winner this year!
ReplyDelete