Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September in Michigan


Summer is coming to an end, along with cooking dinner outside.
Not only is it cooler, the sun sets earlier and earlier.

In the Kitchen 

We included a few interesting foods, but mostly old favorites. 


An omelet on a Micky Mouse plate; shrimp and rice; Dan Dan noodles; another omelet with salad.

Indoors and Out


One New Kitchen Item

New dish-drying mat in a funny color.


More Cooking and Eating



Fresh figs.




My long-time favorite cereal at Elaine’s house in Lafayette.
When we came back, Len bought me two boxes of Special K Red Berries.

A Trader Joe’s croissant and some blueberries. 


In Lafayette; Elaine’s delicious Apple Pie.

Back home 10 days later: time for more pie by Len.


Labor Day Barbecue.

Chicken from our grill, which will soon need to be put away for winter.

A delicious chicken and olive dish that Carol made for us.

Lamb steak with a salad of peaches, feta cheese, and pine nuts.


Potatoes in olive oil with capers (Pommes à l’huile).

Chicken in tahini sauce and a salad with corn, peppers, and lettuce.

Outside the Kitchen: An Ice Cream in Dexter

Dexter is the next town from Ann Arbor. It has a perfect small-town Midwest vibe.

The last Sunday of the month: a beautiful day for a drive and an outdoor ice cream.

A Fall Display Near the Park


Far Away From Us

From Alice’s trip to Germany
\
Not quite so far we visited Elaine in Indiana. Here she is with Len, in her kitchen.
See above for her apple pie!


Blog post © 2026 mae sander

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, good eats! Can I come and live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mae
    All the food looks delicious! Great collection of photos.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks so good. I can't believe tomorrow is October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much yummy food Mae. Your food posts always have me drooling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous post! All of the food looks so darn good. However, the thing that caught my eye the most is the darn raisin cinnamon toast. I'm going to look for some in the store. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dish-drying mat. I didn't know till very very recently that they no longer make sinks with double drainers as we have in our kitchen! How weird :=). Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I still lived at home with my parents and brothers (1950-70), the back yard was large and the fruit trees were stunning. The figs were particularly delicious.
    Alas I haven't seen a fresh fig since 1970 :( Can I come and live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if those oranges for sale in Germany came from South Africa? Most of what we saw for sale in France was from here. I love your New dish-drying mat even if you think the pink is a funny colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I glad I just had a yummy fried egg on cheese, otherwise I´d drool! So much yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mae, Everything looks really good but Len's pie looks amazing. I'd sure love a piece of that apple pie. The potatoes and capers sound really good too. I'll give that combination a try. Curious about that spaghetti casserole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Please include a link to your current blog so that I can read your blog and share more of what you are thinking. Your google-blog-ID may not link to a blog hosted at another site, so please let me know who you REALLY are!