“A thick layer of smoke from ongoing wildfires in Canada and northern Minnesota has enveloped much of Michigan — including in Metro Detroit, which currently has the worst air quality in the world, … The Canadian government is reporting more than 850 active wildfires across the country as of Thursday morning, 113 of which are listed as ‘out of control.’” (source)
Update: it might be clearing on Saturday.
That is really horrible and dangerous. Be safe over there.
ReplyDeleteClimate change has consequences.
ReplyDeleteI am terrified by bushfires every Australian summer, but I assumed Canadians wouldn't have even known what they were. I wonder if they even have the equipment and staff to tackle disastrous fires.
ReplyDeleteThat's how it was at my house too. I hate the idea of breathing in all that smoke. Have your skies cleared out today? hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteCrazy. Braunschweig banned BBQs in the park, cause... we live in a crazy world!
ReplyDeleteOur skies here in Maryland look much the same!
ReplyDeleteTake care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.
Here too. For the first time in the past two and a half years, I said "Thank god I don't live in Canada."
ReplyDeleteFires everywhere: England, Spain, Canada.... Pretty horrendous.
ReplyDeleteKeep Smiling,
Happy Friday,
Lisca
My colleagues have been bemoaning the air quality in Ohio and the neighboring states. I hope you have a mask to wear and don't need to spend too much time outside.
ReplyDeleteThe perfect comforting meal to get through these hazardous smoky days. Here’s hoping the Saturday clearing forecast holds true!
ReplyDelete