We eat cheese blintzes for sweets every Friday night and during the Shavuot holiday. My mum taught me that the crepe must be thin and filled with a sweetened cream cheese and ricotta. Seal both outside surfaces in a frying pan BRIEFLY, before it gets any black marks. Then cook up in the oven until it smells gorgeous. At the table, pour the sour cherries without pips and thick sour cream over the blintzes. *sigh happily*
Thank you for commenting. Please include a link to your current blog so that I can read your blog and share more of what you are thinking. Your google-blog-ID may not link to a blog hosted at another site, so please let me know who you REALLY are!
YUM!
ReplyDeleteThey look delicious! Take care, have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI had to look it up. Hm. Too sweet for me - reckon you enjoyed :-)
ReplyDeleteI've never made blitzes before. They sure look good.
ReplyDeleteYour blintzes look delicious, like my M.I.L's
ReplyDeleteWe eat cheese blintzes for sweets every Friday night and during the Shavuot holiday. My mum taught me that the crepe must be thin and filled with a sweetened cream cheese and ricotta. Seal both outside surfaces in a frying pan BRIEFLY, before it gets any black marks. Then cook up in the oven until it smells gorgeous.
At the table, pour the sour cherries without pips and thick sour cream over the blintzes. *sigh happily*
I've never tried blintzes. Why? I have no idea. I am adding them to my baking bucket list.
ReplyDelete