Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Chocolate!

Chocolate Soufflé
Beautiful decorations on a chocolate tart -- too bad the judges
didn't like the macarons!
Chocolate tart by Nadia, eventual winner of the entire season of The Great British Baking Show.
Finally, we have watched the last two episodes of the PBS series "The Great British Baking Show." The second-to-last episode was all about chocolate, and I love chocolate. I think I may actually be capable of making a chocolate soufflé, in fact maybe I did so once years ago. And I might some time try a chocolate tart. Everything else: just too hard or labor-intensive for me to try. The last episode was emotional, and every baked object was over-the-top!

11 comments:

Jeanie said...

I loved this show! And the chocolate souffle... yum! What did you think of the finals?!

Mae Travels said...

Jeanie -- I loved the final show, but didn't put any pictures from it because I was looking for recipes I might actully try myself!

Beth F said...

I've never watched it! I guess I should correct that.

Tina said...

I've never watched it either. I love the photos, that chocolate makes me want to grab inside this screen and take a bite!

Claudia said...

I do enjoy that show, though haven't considered doing any of that fancy baking myself, just like watching it.

Katherine P said...

I love this show though I haven't watched this latest season. I'm tempted to try a souffle just to see if I can do it but when it really comes down to it they're not my favorite dessert so do I really want to put the time and effort into something that doesn't blow me away? I go back and forth on that!

Geri Saucier said...

I kept meaning to watch the show but never made it. I love chocolate and those desserts look fabulous.

Vicki said...

I have never seen this show, I'll check to see if I get it. I love chocolate too!

Carole said...

I've been going cold turkey on food programmes lately - maybe I should start again. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

I have to start watching this show, everyone loves it.

Molly said...

I've never watched this show, but adore all food related programs. I need to correct this oversight :)