Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Thinking of Istanbul

After every terrorist attack, I mourn for those who have lost their lives, and when the attack is in a place I've been, I think of all the people I know there, and worry about them, though I've not before posted anything about my memories or feelings.

This morning, thinking of Istanbul and our beautiful and welcoming visit there in 2006:




Our friends, shown at left with Len, took us to a market in the neighborhood where family members lived.
They explained how you could  hire a man with a basket to carry your market purchases home for you.

2 comments:

Kitchen Riffs said...

The world can be a depressing place at times, can't it? Haven't been to Istanbul, yet. A place I dearly want to visit, and will.

Jeanie said...

These are wonderful photos -- and so very sad to think of Turkey right now. Thanks for sharing these beautiful and interesting shots.