Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kofta by Ottolenghi

Jerusalem, the cookbook by Ottolenghi has many wonderful recipes.
Tonight I made beef and lamb kofta, that is, meatballs with lots of wonderful spices, onions, garlic, and pine nuts.
Here you can see my nutmeg grater and jars of allspice and cinnamon.
The jars are very old: I refill them from bulk spice shops, and keep track of the date.
Ready for the oven. Rather than fry the meatballs I bake them at 475ยบ F.
Toasted pine nuts and parsley, ready to garnish the meatballs. 
Out of the oven...
Into the tahini and lemon sauce...

And ready to serve, along with some stuffed grape leaves from Trader Joe's.
I made this recipe a couple of years ago and have been meaning to return to Ottolenghi!

6 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

These look so good. I have got to use my Ottolenghi books more!!!

~~louise~~ said...

Your timing is impeccable, Mae! Not to mention those Kofta look and sound amazing!!!

Meatball Day is going to be a blast!

Thank you so much for sharing and "playing."

Cakelaw said...

Yum! Koftas with dolmades would be a fabulous meal.

Jeanie said...

That looks delicious, Mae. Sigh. And it's nearly dinner time so all the more so!

Esme said...

I so enjoy his cookbooks.

~ Nee ~ said...

Mae , the meatballs , wow ... one word delicious