Thursday, February 19, 2015

Best Chocolate Pudding

I wasn't going to bother with another chocolate pudding recipe, but yesterday I made one that was so outstandingly chocolaty I feel the need to share. I tweaked it from a couple of ideas on the web.


Great Pudding

1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
4 tbsps cornstarch
3 tbsps cocoa (like Hershey's)
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
dash salt
2 cups skim milk (or any milk)
2 oz. chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

In a microwaveable container, whisk together milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, coffee, and salt.

Microwave on medium-high power in 2 minute increments until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken, whisking every 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and vanilla to hot pudding and whisk until melted -- no further microwaving needed.

The pudding after we ate most of it and
realized the recipe was a keeper. Anyway,
you can see the 2 qt. microwave container.


Chill pudding for 4 hours or more, if you can wait to eat it.

3 comments:

Pam said...

This sounds easy and is chocolaty looking! I'm not a pudding person, but my family would love this so I need to give it a go!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I'll bet this is great. The espresso powder would make it extra rich and delicious. I may give this a try this weekend. The weather looks dodgy, so it will be a good time for experimenting in the kitchen.

Jeanie said...

You have GOT to be kidding! This sounds WAY too easy and delicious. I may have to give this one a try.