Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New York Meals

Obviously we are very happy to be at home with the near-miss blizzard today in New York. We did eat some very nice meals there -- here is a brief report on a few restaurants I haven't mentioned in earlier posts:

We had a nice lunch at Westville on Hudson St. shortly after checking into our nearby hotel:
Inside Westville
A big selection of roasted vegetable, served several to a plate.
(Photo from the Westville website.)
Len's sandwich

At AQUAGRILL on Spring Street we enjoyed a really appealing dinner:

Three kinds of local oysters -- there are 33 kinds on the menu.
I ate two of them before taking the photo, so two shells are empty.
Len's Bouillabaise -- I had scallops.
Pear Tarte Tatin for dessert


We had brunch at Stage Door Deli near B&H Photo (where we shopped):
Coffee, a tiny juice, and French toast with strawberries all for $8.75.
City Winery actually makes wine in downtown New York City, and serves it with a variety of food. They also have a large performance space, which wasn't offering any entertainment the night we ate there.
I ordered meatballs. Very nice.

2 comments:

Pam said...

It all looks delicious, esp. those oysters! Glad you got out before the snow!

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Mae,
It never occured to me that you would still be in the city for the snowstorm. For some reason, I thought you were home already. Good thing you made it home safely.

I had no idea there were so many varieties of oysters. I'm guessing they are farm raised? I know they are farm raising oysters on Long Island quite successfully. Each meal looks delicious. The only place I haven't been to is Aquagrill. I must check it out!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Mae...Glad you are home safe and sound:)