Friday, July 12, 2013

What's for Dessert?

Dessert in France is often a simple but perfect choice of fruit and cheese, which many people purchase at the stunning outdoor markets that happen in most Paris neighborhoods around twice a week.



Our friend Michelle varied this with fruit and ice cream:


Restaurants also offer cheese and fruit, but also a selection of many other desserts such as this creme brulee that I had at Les Bugnes, a Basque restaurant that our friends took us to:


A fruit tarte at another restaurant, Le Baratin, in the Belleville quarter where other friends live:

All week I tried to get a tarte au citron -- I finally managed on Friday:


Very elegant patisserie in the airport:


3 comments:

~ Nee ~ said...

Hi Mae , glad you enjoyed your trip to Paris and the photos are just beautiful .
Thanks for visiting my blog and see you soon ... thanks for sharing . :)

~~louise~~ said...

I would definitely have to go on a diet after visiting France, Mae. Everything looks heavenly!

Welcome Back and thanks for sharing!!!

Jeanie said...

I love the fruit and cheese for dessert (and try to do that here now, at least sometimes). But I could not resist those pastries. Don't you love how every bit of food, every plate, is like a painting in the Louvre?