Saturday, July 13, 2013

Capturing the taste of Paris?

Goose with peaches at La Cerisaie Restaurant, Paris, Monday July 1

Duck with peaches and cherries, an attempt to reproduce some of the tastes from Paris this evening.
I definitely didn't accomplish the presentation, but the taste was close!

How I made the duck:

  • I cut some strips of fat from the duck breasts and made little cracklings in the frying pan.
  • I sprinkled some lemon juice on the duck breast.
  • When the cracklings were brown and rendered a bit, I turned up the heat and seared both sides of the duck breasts. While they were still raw in the middle, I cut them in thick slices and briefly finished cooking them to medium rare, and put the meat on the serving platter.
  • I added three peaches cut in quarters and around 20 sweet cherries to the pan, and just tossed them. I added a couple spoonfuls of blackberry jelly (any flavor would do) to make a glaze, and quickly coated the duck with it.
  • I garnished the platter with parsley and a few toasted bread cubes.
  • The original restaurant version had a few sesame seeds as well, but I didn't do that. Also, I substituted parsley for basil that was on the original.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I have never made duck. You make it sound not so hard as I would expect! It looks gorgeous on that white platter. How fun to recreate it!