|Goose with peaches at La Cerisaie Restaurant, Paris, Monday July 1|
|Duck with peaches and cherries, an attempt to reproduce some of the tastes from Paris this evening.|
|I definitely didn't accomplish the presentation, but the taste was close!|
How I made the duck:
- I cut some strips of fat from the duck breasts and made little cracklings in the frying pan.
- I sprinkled some lemon juice on the duck breast.
- When the cracklings were brown and rendered a bit, I turned up the heat and seared both sides of the duck breasts. While they were still raw in the middle, I cut them in thick slices and briefly finished cooking them to medium rare, and put the meat on the serving platter.
- I added three peaches cut in quarters and around 20 sweet cherries to the pan, and just tossed them. I added a couple spoonfuls of blackberry jelly (any flavor would do) to make a glaze, and quickly coated the duck with it.
- I garnished the platter with parsley and a few toasted bread cubes.
- The original restaurant version had a few sesame seeds as well, but I didn't do that. Also, I substituted parsley for basil that was on the original.