Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Julia Child Lives

Just a note to say that I made a Julia Child recipe for dinner, accompanied by the sides she recommended. A ragout of duck in which the sauce contained a whole head of garlic, accompanied by rice with mushrooms and steamed broccoli. A baguette from the store. Simple. Delicious.

But I didn't take any photos. My recipe came from the book Julia Child & Company, but she also made the same dish on one of her shows with Jacques Pepin. In fact, I was motivated by a rerun of the Jacques Pepin-Julia Child show that was shown recently on the Create channel from PBS.

She's still my favorite cooking teacher and recipe writer.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Hooray! I have to revisit my Mastering the Art cookbook! Reading this gives me inspiration. She really is the best. (Don't you love Create!)