Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bookclub Potluck

Last night's book club meeting was here. We had a potluck -- around half appetizers, half desserts. My lazy organizing method: I told people with last names A through M to bring savory, last names N through Z to bring sweets. Dishes included sweet potato kugel, olives, hummus, babaganoush, cheese, smoked salmon rollups, cheese and cherry tomatoes on skewers, crackers, cookies, gingerbread and other cake, and a beautiful fruit salad.

The youngest participant was Mira, around three weeks -- mostly asleep as shown in photo. We were all delighted to meet her. Her brother Alan (almost 3) ate a sandwich with the bribe that when he finished, he could have a peanut butter cookie. He also pretend cooked with a set of pots and pans from my toy box.

After everyone had eaten, Alan, Mira, and their mother left and we discussed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (I wrote up my thoughts about it when I read it -- see: Potato Peel Pie.)

No comments: