Saturday, September 05, 2009

What I bought at the farmers market

Some people post what they bought for $10. I'm afraid I wanted a lot more -- the basket of peaches alone cost more than that. However, I'm very happy to have eggs, peaches, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, onions, herbs, squash, and more. Not shown: lamb and beef from Ernst Farm.

The maple sugar candy is a special treat -- I was very sorry to hear that the man from whom I bought it in the past took ill and died over the winter, though his sons are still sugaring and making the candy, fortunately.

Half the basket of tomatoes and half the peppers are now in the oven roasting slowly -- here are the tomatoes on the baking sheet. By midnight we'll have a delicious batch of semi-dried tomatoes, as well as some roasted hot peppers.

No comments: