Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thanks to Lydia!

Now that I'm in my own kitchen, I feel like trying new recipes and buying new condiments. Today's experiment involved sriacha sauce, an Indonesian hot sauce, recommended by Lydia at The Perfect Pantry. I was inspired by these posts: Coconut milk (Recipe: chicken satay) and Sriracha sauce (Recipe: Asian broccoli slaw).

I did make the broccoli slaw, with several items from Trader Joe's and sriracha from Whole Foods, and used the coconut milk marinade on some beef satay. I bought some peanut sauce from the trader too. I admit to adding sriracha pretty liberally to everything, actually. A real change to what I've been cooking. Thank you, Lydia! Now I have a number of new items to try. And the sriracha sauce was just the right heat.


2 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Mae, thank you so much -- I'm delighted that you've joined the legions of Sriracha lovers. Your meal looks absolutely wonderful. Isn't it fun to find your next favorite ingredient?

Jen said...

I adore sriracha. I use it for a variety of things, including in scrambled eggs. Your satay looks lovely.