Friday, October 31, 2008

Reading List

I went to the library yesterday, and I've also been busy over at amazon.com in the food and cooking section. I found quite a few books that have been on my long list for a while. The top book, The Fortune Cookie Chronicles, is the selection for this month's book club, so I need to reread it.

In addition I hope to peruse recipes or read, as appropriate, from these:
  • Judith Jones, My Life in Food
  • John Mc Phee, Oranges
  • Collette Rossant, The World in My Kitchen (I liked Apricots on the Nile, her first autobiography)
  • M.F.K. Fisher, The Art of Eating (contains several of her books, I hope to read at least one)
  • Michael Symons, A History of Cooks and Cooking (an Australian, whose earlier works on Australia I found interesting)
  • Malouf and Malouf, Artichoke to Za'atar
  • Jennifer McLagan, Bones
I'll write some brief reviews as I do this -- I hope I have the discipline for the project.

1 comment:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Great selection of books! I loved The Fortune Cookie Chronicles. If you are looking for more food related books (but not cookbooks), the list from my Bookworms in the Pantry project that might appeal to you.