Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's for Breakfast?

Far under the surface where I was snorkeling from this morning's boat Len was seeing an amazing sight: three tiger sharks, including this one, up very close. These are deep-ocean creatures that come in to feed from time to time, and our remarkable dive guide knew where to find them today.

This eel also has a rather hungry look, I'd say. I did not see any eels today, though I've seen them on dives earlier during this vacation. I'll probably post a few more of the diving photos at the travel blog.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Amazing! Are you both divers or do you snorkel? I love snorkeling, but diving makes me feel a bit claustrophobic.

Mae Travels said...

I snorkel while he dives.

For all our snorkeling and diving adventures -- and others, see my other blog:
maetravels.blogspot.com
It includes an embedded Youtube video of a surfer surfing on the boiling water underneath the volcano, as well as our own photos.